Safety improvements are coming to Grand Avenue between Chicago Ave and Ogden Ave to make the street safer and more inviting for everyone — no matter how you get around — and improve neighborhood access to local businesses.
Grand Avenue Complete Streets Improvements
- Wider sidewalks and street trees to create a more walkable and vibrant corridor.
- New LED street lighting for better visibility at night.
- Improved pedestrian amenities including raised crosswalks, shorter crossings, and countdown timers at traffic signals will make Grand Avenue safer for people walking.
- Protected bike lanes will fully separate people biking from people driving and increase the safety of everyone.
- Improved CTA bus stops will help improve bus operations and provide more space for transit users.
Community Meeting — May 2, 2023
- Tuesday May 2, 2023, 6-7:30pm, Smith Park Fieldhouse
- Join the 36th, 27th, and 1st Wards and representatives from CDOT to learn more about the project.
- Meeting materials:
- Questions and comments can be sent to email@example.com